Application for Ecclesiastic Endorsement
APPLICATIONS must be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to date needed. Also endorsements for certification and employment require a personal interview with the Endorsement sub-committee of the CSL Chaplaincy committee. These interviews are available to schedule at the annual CSL Ministerial Retreat and the Annual CSL Convention.
PLEASE NOTE: BELOW THE SUBMIT PUTTON, THERE ARE ADDITIONAL MATERIALS THAT MUST BE SUBMITTED. NO APPLICATION WILL BE PROCESSED WITHOUT THE FORM AND ALL ADDITIONAL MATERIALS THAT NEED TO BE SUBMITTED.
Please note that a check in the amount of $100 (non-refundable if not endorsed; if you are endorsed by CSL the $100 will apply for your first year of endorsement) must be sent to:
CSL Chaplaincy Committee, Attention: Rev. Paula Belleggie, Ecclesiastic Endorsement 573 Park Point Dr. Golden, CO 80401
No endorsement application will be processed without payment of the application fee.
Additional materials needed
Please submit the following materials in electronic form (PDF) to email@example.com Please reference your application date.
- A paper describing your faith journey (not an autobiography)
- A summary paper addressing: a) your interest in and understanding of the specific specialized ministry for which you are requesting endorsement/approval; and b) your understanding of being a representative of Centers for Spiritual Living in this ministry setting.
- At least three letters of recommendation, on letterhead, focused on applicant’s suitability for the specialized ministry sought.
- If endorsement is for something other than enrolling in CPE, then provide verification of one years experience in the practice of chaplaincy/spiritual care (Verified by someone other than applicant) if you are a CSL minister or two years in the practice of chaplaincy/spiritual care (Verified by someone other than applicant) if you are a CSL practitioner.
- Verification of current licensed or ordained status in good standing from CSL Licensing & Credentialing.
- Certification of educational attainments, including:
- Bachelor’s Degree/equivalent
- Master of Divinity degree/equivalent
- Certificates of successful completion of CPE units (if applicable)
- Additional documentation/materials maybe requested at the discretion of the CSL Chaplaincy Committee and/or the Ecclesiastic Endorsement Sub-Committee Panel.
- An extensive background check is required by CSL for endorsement. If you have not completed the currently required level of background check as a licensed practitioner or minister, then you will be asked to do so. The cost of the background check is $250 and is paid by the applicant. To determine if you have the appropriate background check complete, please contact the CSL Licensing & Credentialing Department.
PLEASE NOTE: INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE PROCESSED.
YOU WILL NEED TO RENEW YOUR ECCLESIASTIC ENDORSEMENT ANNUALLY DURING THE MONTHS OF JUNE, JULY AND AUGUST. THIS IS DONE BY FILLING OUT A RENEWAL UPDATE FORM (NOT THE FORM ABOVE) AND PAYING $100 EACH YEAR TO MAINTAIN YOUR ENDORSEMENT. This is in addition to your Practitioner or Minister's fee.